3 Tips for Marketing a Franchise
As a franchise owner, you’ll need to market your location in order to attract business. A strong marketing strategy is crucial to remaining relevant and profitable. You’ll need to utilize traditional advertising and online marketing to expand your reach and be as successful as possible.
Should You Own a Franchise?
If you’re an entrepreneur looking for financial independence, then owning a franchise is great for you. You won’t need to build a brand new company from scratch, and you’ll get help from the parent company with training, marketing, and negotiating leases. If you haven’t started a franchise yet, read our guide to find out if buying a franchise is right for you.
If you’re already operating a franchise and need help boosting your marketing, here are some guidelines to follow.
1. Online Marketing
In today’s world, an online marketing plan is essential. As technology evolves, your franchise will need to keep up if you want to stay afloat. Here are some examples of online marketing you should consider:
- Create a website for your location: If your contract permits you to make an independent website for your location, make sure you take advantage of it. Your location may be on a list on the parent company’s website, but you’ll want your own site to establish yourself.
- Blog regularly: If you have your own website, make sure you create a blog to enhance your content marketing. This will keep people engaged.
- Create social media accounts: Social media is crucial for garnering interest and interacting with people. If your contract allows you to do this, start on it right away, especially Facebook and Instagram.
- Develop an email list: One of the best ways to stay in touch with your customers is through an email marketing campaign.
- Run pay-per-click ads: If you show up first on search engines like Google or Bing, you’ll likely get more business.
Your franchise location will flourish if you have a robust online marketing strategy.
2. Creative Promotions
When you own a business with multiple locations, you’ll want to go all-out to attract customers to your door. Creating unique promotions can give you the edge you need. Some ideas include:
- Hosting a raffle with fun prizes
- Creating custom-branded scratchers that reveal discounts or free items
- Getting a prize wheel for customers to spin
Of course, running simple dollar-off specials or giving coupon codes are often effective too.
3. Traditional Advertising
You can almost never go wrong with conventional advertising, as long as you do it right. Advertising includes:
- Radio ads
- TV commercials
Don’t believe the myth that franchise advertising is outdated. Putting out an advertising campaign across multiple platforms is a great way to get an impressive return on investment. However, you’ll want to avoid using boring and stale call-to-actions, such as “Call Now.” Instead, you’ll want to simply encourage people to visit your location or website.
Best in Class Education Center is a franchise focused on supplemental education that has been around for more than 20 years. We provide our franchise owners with marketing and PR support to ensure you succeed. Learn more about how to own a franchise with Best in Class Education Center!